For information regarding Bus Tracker (Edulog Parent Portal), visit our Bus Tracker Information page.
Hours of Operation
- Dispatch: 5:30 am-6:00 pm
- Main Office: 8:00 am-5:00 pm ( 4:00 pm on Fridays)
- Garage: 5:30 am-5:30 pm
- Safety and Training Office: 7:30 am-4:30 pm
Transportation Staff Email:
- Kevin Privott, Director ... firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beverly Young, Supervisor (northern) ... email@example.com
- Jessica Allen, Supervisor (southern) ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation Phone Line Options - (757) 925-5573
Contact our dispatch office, supervisors, safety and training office, and the director. If the supervisor is not available, you will now be able to leave a message once transferred to their direct extension.
The options include:
- Option 1 - Northern end schools (see list below)
- Option 2 - Southern end schools (see list below)
- Option 3 - Safety and Training
- Option 4 - All other calls
Division of Schools by Supervisors
Northern Schools - Beverly Young
- Creekside Elementary
- Florence Bowser Elementary
- John F. Kennedy Middle
- John Yeates Middle
- Mack Benn, Jr Elementary
- Nansemond Parkway Elementary
- Nansemond River High
- Northern Shores Elementary
- Turlington Woods
- Col. Fred Cherry Middle School
Southern Schools - Jessica Allen
- Booker T. Washington Elementary
- Elephant's Fork Elementary
- Forest Glen Middle
- Hillpoint Elementary
- Kilby Shores Elementary
- King's Fork High
- King's Fork Middle
- Lakeland High
- Oakland Elementary
- Southwestern Elementary
Bus Safety Tips
While our bus drivers are provided concentrated training and do a wonderful job, we all have a responsibility to make our children's ride on the school bus a safe one. The drivers not only rely on school administrators and office staff to help them keep their buses safe at all times, but they also need support from the children who ride the bus and their parents. Below you will find some helpful tips to help you and your children practice good school bus safety habits.
- Review all bus safety rules with your child.
- Visit the bus stop with your child. This should be done at the beginning of each new school year and/or after any changes in their bus stop.
- Be sure to discuss with them the safest route to the bus stop, where to wait, how far to stand from the roadway and what to do in the case of an emergency.
- Have children at the bus stop on time.
- Rushing causes carelessness and accidents.
- Always follow the instructions of and be courteous to your school bus driver.
- Always remain in your seat while the bus is in motion.
- Keep the bus aisles clear at all times.
- Balloons, flowers, or objects large enough to block the aisles or emergency exit are prohibited on the bus.
- All carry-on items should be secured in the student's lap while on the bus. Items that are too heavy, bulky, extend should above the seat's backrest or cannot be secured in the student's lap should not be transported. This includes large band instruments, large athletic equipment, etc.
- Be aware of traffic when getting off the bus.
- Do not wear clothing with drawstrings or dangling straps.
- Do not have items or long straps dangling from your backpack.