Enrollment in Virginia Public Schools
(In order to enroll a child in a public school system in Virginia, state law requires a parent or guardian of a child to provide certain information to the child's school division. Click the link for Enrollment Requirements from the Virginia Department of Education: https://bit.ly/3DtCpko)
Suffolk Public Schools would like to welcome all new families. If you and your family are new to our school community, please review the information below to prepare for the enrollment process.
Parents and guardians now have the ability to register their students via an online enrollment process.
How do I register my child?
1. Use SPS School Zone Locator this to find out which school your child should attend.
2. Complete the online application (linked below) or schedule an appointment to attend the scheduled registration at your school.
3. When you go to your scheduled appointment, bring the following information about your child:
- A certified copy of the State Birth Certificate
- A certificate of physical examination from a physician or a health department - the physical exam must be completed within the 12 months prior to the date the child first enters kindergarten. In the alternative, families may provide records showing that they furnished such a report upon admission to another school or school division and provide the information that was contained in that report;
- An immunization certificate containing complete dates for DTaP, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Polio, Varicella, and MMR immunizations. Minimum immunization requirements can be found in the Virginia Department of Health website.
- Proof of residency in the city of Suffolk (i.e. water bill, gas bill or electric bill. Driver’s license not adequate)
- Custody or court orders – if applicable
- Foster care information form – if applicable
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 – if applicable
- Complete registration.
- Complete and return any additional information requested by the principal.
Please use the links below to complete the online enrollment form to register your new student(s) for the new 2023-2024 school year.
2023-2024 Formulario de inscripción para estudiantes nuevos en español (Spanish New Student Registration Form)
If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Services at 757-925-6750.
The following documents can be completed online or downloaded. Once you have all of the completed documents ready, you can call the school to schedule an appointment to complete enrollment.