Military Family Resources
Welcome to Suffolk Public Schools!
Suffolk Public Schools contact:
Dr. Rodney Brown
Military Liason contact:
Suffolk Public School recognizes that military-connected students need guidance from understanding school administrators, staff, and teachers. Close to 1,000 of our students are connected to military families. SPS is dedicated to providing a welcoming and engaging school environment for all families. For military-connected students, this means understanding the unique challenges that come with military life, including frequent moves, long-term deployments, and juggling varying graduation standards from state to state.
SPS partners with the military School Liaison Officer program to help provide families with transitional aid during reassignments.In addition, several of our schools have been assigned Military and Family Life Counselors to help military-connected families throughout the school day and throughout the school year.
We encourage families looking for assistance while relocating to Suffolk to take advantage of a number of resources available, including the following:
- Military School Liaison Officer - support and resources that connects Military Families, Commands and K-12 Schools.
- MWR-NNSY – programs and services aimed at supporting the military family's quality of life.
- Interstate Compact on Education Opportunities for Military Families – information that addresses key transition issues encountered by military families including enrollment, placement, attendance, eligibility and graduation.
- Navy Exceptional Family Member Program – assistance for sailors with the special needs of their Exceptional Family Members (EFM), at new duty locations.
- Guidance for Military Families with Students in Special Education – resource guide for military families with children in special education.
- Military One Source – resources that connect military families to the best military life.
- Tutor.com for Military Families – an online tutoring service available free for all military families.
Planning your Arrival at Suffolk Public Schools
Information on the Registration process.
Preparing your Move from Suffolk Public Schools
Information on educational records requests and transfers is available from your school guidance counselor.